Topic: Driver Only For Lion Osx 10.7?

I Have Imac I5 2,7 Ghz With Osx Lion 10.7.2 An Ff 800 And Last Driver The Audio Is Really Shit! one Driver Only For Osx Lion? is Possible Please! :-) Thanks

Re: Driver Only For Lion Osx 10.7?

I give you 24 hours to explain in detail why the audio is 'Really Shit'. After that I will delete this post like I deleted your previous baseless attempt to wind up this forum (or to insult this company, means me and all developers - many ways to see it).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

the audio with Cubase 6.04 and everything stopped!!!audio interruped your understand?I with this equipment that cost a lot of money!!!is my work not my hobby!all the houses that produce musical hardware have released a driver for lion and you do not!
I am loyal to your brand and are not here to insult anyone! and after 10 and sent mail to customer care and had not received a clear answer to this question are a bit 'angry and simply ask questions.
I hope you can give me all the attempts I made to you mentioned! nothing positive
and last thing I do not like the threats I just want technical support by competent persons not threats

There is no problem with the current driver that causes "interruptions". The Fireface drivers work well on 10.7 systems, including my Mac Pro.

Did you install 10.7 new or as an update to 10.6? Did you update a working system before making sure there are dedicated drivers? Did you try reinstalling the driver?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

(BTW, I have two mails in my inbox - not ten...)

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

And most importantly: did you update to the latest (meanwhile quite old) firmware for your FF 800? 2.77 that is.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,
Well i was working on a G5ppc, but i bought a brand new imac.
I don t find any drivers for osx Lion. When will it be ready? thank you so much.
benoit

benrault: You don't need other drivers, you need the latest FF 800 firmware update.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Matthias

I bought a mac mini running on lion 10.7. I'm having a problem installing the updated driver for ff400. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Denis

It would help to know what the exact nature of this problem is...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for the quick response Daniel.

Is there an updated driver for the firewire ff400 running on lion 10.7?

I,ve tried many times to down load the driver and fut updates from the RME site but no luck installing. When I look at my audio devices menu it's not showing the driver after I install it. I'm running cubase 6. I haven't been able to record for several weeks. I talked to Blair at RME and He's not sure what the problem is. Could it be that RME haven't updated the drivers for lion?

Driver installation did not change under Lion. Which driver did you try to install exactly?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

denissimpkin wrote:

Is there an updated driver for the firewire ff400 running on lion 10.7?

Not yet, but the current driver works.

I,ve tried many times to down load the driver and fut updates from the RME site but no luck installing. When I look at my audio devices menu it's not showing the driver after I install it.

Does the red LED stay on?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hey Daniel

The red light stays on.

I've down loaded the drivers on several occasions over the past few weeks and did manage to get the ff400 to operate...green light was on. The only problem was this.

I'm running cubase 6. When ever I try and use ff400 in the cubase devices menu the audio is extremely glitchy..drop outs and weird audio distortion. If I use my internal audio card on my Mac mini the audio was working fine.

Thanks again for your help Daniel.Very much appreciated bro!

Dear All,

Nice to join the forum.

I also get some troubles with my FF 400 since I've update to Lion (actually 10.7.2)
I'm using Ableton Live 8.2.6.

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Ghz dual core xeon

My driver and Firmware are up to date (V2.97 and 1.70). I've also tryed to re install the driver...

The troubles:

the rotary encoder on the front face stop to work after les than 5 minutes . So impossible to set the volume with the rotary (even if the 2 digits are changing on the FF400, nothing change on the mac).

Sometimes the sound desapear and the Red led (Host) is on. so the communication is lost with the host. So I've to reboot.

Does anyone could help me????

Sorry for my bad English (I come from France ;-) )

Ekorche wrote:

The troubles:

Sometimes the sound desapear and the Red led (Host) is on. so the communication is lost with the host.

Such a problem is here: FF800 (with drivers 2.97 and Firmware 2.77) and MacPro early2008 (with SnowLeo 10.6.8) or MBPro (with Lion 10.7.2).
Sometimes (random) the sound go off and the red led host go on, but after any times (20 or 30 seconds) the red led go off and the sound go back...

Ciao,
Marco

Also,

When I jump from Ableton Live (the application is still running but the sound not playing) to internet on Youtube or any other sound on the web, then the sound is glitchy, with some noise and cracks, and when I come back to live and play, then the noise are still there.

The only way is to reboot my Mac.

So definitivly, FF400 seems to be not compatible with Mac OS X Lion

(I precise that I follow this trouble since July 2011,since Lion is Released and all my drivers and apps are up to date)

If anyone still have the same troubles, please manifest yourself.

Already thanks

Nico

Dear Support,

Some answers please...

We are many with up to date drivers and firmware and troubles are still there ...

Please post a complete note with:

How to install properly.
Suitable configuration.

(Mac pro quad xeon early 2008; Mac os x lion; FF400 sound card; Ableton Live 8.2.6).

Thanks

Hi,

After some tests, the FireFace 400 seems to be more stable when using a sample rate not more higher than 44100 Hz.

I've always used sample rate 96000 Hz with the same Firface 400 before upgrading to Mac OS X Lion. So I don't understand why it's not working know...???

Some ideas?

Problem solved by clean install of the OS:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12678

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME