Topic: RME FireFace 800 Firmwire Update

Good Day

Can RME update the FireFace 800 Settings software to enable us to be able to select any input and output we wanna use.  Right now the selection I can use is limited, for example, I can't use the 16 ADAT slots alone, in order to use all 16 ADAT inputs, i have to select all the other inputs I don't need, and they take my CPU and I can't multitrack into Pro Tools.

Can you update it as soon as possible, my job depends on it.

Thank you.

Re: RME FireFace 800 Firmwire Update

You might want to contact Avid about this. Programs like Cubase or Samplitude will allow ASIO channels to be de-/activated indivdually (on the PC). PT may not have this option.
That said, the CPU toll of unused channels is negligible.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Could you describe more precisely please ? I don't understand your problem. Which PT version do you use ?

In the I/O setup you have all the Ins & Outs, and you can makes Ins & Out busses according to what you need.

JM

Thank you for the reply, I will contact Avid.  I am using Pro Tools 10 for multitracking with two FireFce 800 cascaded. I want to only use the 16 ADAT inputs from the first interface and 8 ADAT inputs from the second interface for 24 channels of ADAT from the Yamaha M7, I can only use 32 tracks to record on Pro Tools 10, I'm asking RME if you can update the Firmwire for me to select the ADATs only with Analog Channels 9 and 10 for monitoring without having to select the analog inputs that I don't need.

That is not possible, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME