Topic: Multiface shutdowns monitors by digital output

Hello,

My Multiface shutdowns my Digidesign monitors by digital output.

I sent the message to Avid:
"I'm owner of digidesign rm1 active studio monitors.
I have problem with it.
50% of power on\off of any devices in a flat leads to power off of my monitors for 2-4 seconds. I think this is protection works.
But now I connected on-line UPS before monitors. And this behaviour still presents.
Have you ideas how to resolve this?"

Avid's reply:
"We had another user report a similar issue with an RME product. The monitors would behave the way that yours are when he used the AES or S/Pdif out on the RME interface. With this users system that monitors would switch off and on when he would touch the face of the interface or any of its controls. It turned out to be a ground fault with the RME interface. I would recommend that you trouble shoot the grounding of your equipment and contact RME to see if they have any suggestions. If you have another device with an AES out you can test with it. It the issue is isolated to the RME interface then it may have a problem."

Did someone deal with the same behaviour?

Re: Multiface shutdowns monitors by digital output

> resolved
> My FireFace digital output was configured as consumer SPDIF instead professional AES/EBU. The monitors support AES/EBU.

Additionally you might have incorrect cabling, see manual for RCA to XLR cable.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Multiface shutdowns monitors by digital output

Yes, I've done a cable in conformity with Multiface manual. I use digital output as AES which is supported by monitors. I've setuped this option in Multiface DSP Settings.
However, this problem exists.