Topic: Is this Madi Ring possible?

I want to connect 3 DAWs (one Mac with HDSPe Madi and two PCs with HDSP Madi) and a ADI 8QSM with madi extension.
In 48 kHz I need channels 1-8 routed to the ADI 8QSM and 9 - 64 routed from the two PCs to the Mac to have the Audio available in my Sequencer (these PCs are sample Slave machines with Vienna Ensembe standalone). At first, I wanted to do this with a ADI 648 and Raydats in both slave PCs. Then I figured, it would be cheaper to buy two Madi HDSP cards, even though half of the 64 channels are wasted ...
Will it be possible to route these channels eactly like that via total mix?

Help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Is this Madi Ring possible?

Sure, no problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Great! Thank you! i assumed, this would work, of course. I just wanted to make sure, before i spend the money ... ;-)

Oh, I just saw this:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9936
The two host PCs only need 48 kHz sampling rate, so the 96 kHz max is fine. What about using the Mac with its HDSPe Madi from my example and the ADI 8 QSM for recording only? Would I need to change the cabling to achieve that or will the two HDSP Madi cards have no problems with passing the 192 kHz to the next machine. Since it is a Madi ring, I figured every element in the chain will need to pass the signal in the right way, wouldn't it? So, will the HDSP cards be able to pass the data, even if they can't process the 192 kHz?
I guess I forgot to mention, that I do need 192 kHz from time to time. Just not for the sample slaves ... just to be sure, i didn't make any mistakes ...
Thanks, again!