Topic: long-term rme hammerfall 9652 user seeking upgrade advice

hi all, been a very long-term, happy user of a Hammerfall 9652 pci card, 10 years so far, I think... anyway, my studio set up until now has been centred on a Yamaha 01V digital mixer, which was connected to the Hammerfall via ADAT.

I mainly record one track at a time, guitar, bass, vocals, synth, often through a UA Solo 610 preamp and always via the Yamaha desk and do all my mixing itb using Cubase. ADAM P22a monitors.

Recently I decided that I've had enough of the pres and converters on my mixer, it is too cold and brittle to be using every day, and it is affecting the final quality of all my work. So, I want to sell the desk, but this leaves me with the dilemma of what to do with my Hammerfall card, and the best upgrade path for me.

Which is why I've come here! I love the rock solid stability of my card, need a few (not many) great quality pres, AD/DA converters, outputs for my monitors, 1/2 headphone outputs and volume controls. Any suggestions? Should I keep the card and look for something to connect via ADAT? Or at this stage would I be better off selling the card as well as the desk and getting a whole new set up.

Any advice at all would be enormously appreciated, I've looked at several options, but at the moment I'm more confused by the products I've seen and need to be pointed at least in the correct general direction.

many thanks in advance for your help.

Re: long-term rme hammerfall 9652 user seeking upgrade advice

the same here, but I bought iMac and can't get what to do with Hammerfall 9652 + ADI8PRO on my PC? - to add Firewire interface for Mac with ADAT In or still keep it on PC...

If you can afford it, go with the UFX.  If you can't the 400 is an excellent card!

Hi,
Any of the Fireface series would work great in your setup.
With the Fireface UFX you can replace your Mixing desk altogether so in the long run it may be the best choice.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas