Topic: HDSPe MADI and HDSP 9632 under same driver.

Wow! Today I have installad my new HDSPe MADI for testing, in DAW, with HDSP (pci) 9632. Im surprised, MADI card has not asked drivers.

In Sampltitude, there are 2 card, under the same ASIO drivers.

I'have some question:

- I can use HDSP (pci standard) 9632 as a input for connect a talkback mic, and send mic signal over madi--->micstasy ?

- Its a good choice use HDSP card with an HDSPe card ? Latency can be a problem ? Or maybe HDSPe AIO is best ?

- I want max stability with HDSPe MADI, is possibile set HDSP 9632 as "slave" ? I must sincronized these two card ? Pro and cons ?

Re: HDSPe MADI and HDSP 9632 under same driver.

1. Yes, but you need some software routing within the computer. Either in the DAW or like this:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10553

2. Yes. No. No difference.

3. You need to slave it, and therefore will need the Word Clock module for the 9632. The AIO indeed has an advantage here, you could use an internal sync cable instead.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you! I dont undestand why HDSPè MADI is card n.2. Maybe because I have install it for 2th ?

I can disinstall 9632 and reinstall it ?

I don't think this will change the order, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, I've mount HDSPe MADI in my DAW, with Micstasy and Samplitude working very well. Asus P7H55-M/USB3 motherboard.

I want mount an HDSP 9632 for talkback mic and more, but how sync the two cards ?

I need WCM for 9632 ?

Why AIO have adavange ?

I can sync 9632 by internal cable ? Or Word Clock WCM is best ? Differences ?

> I can sync 9632 by internal cable ?

Not possible. Only SPDIF/ADAT would work, which are not available from your MADI card.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by GIACOMO-_ 2011-11-17 10:44:39)

Ok, I need 9632 + WCM ?

Or HDSPe AIO ? (use internal sync cable ?)

Unless one of the devices connected to your madi card has a spare spdif or adat out you can connect as a clock source for the 9632.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

I use a Micstasy with 50m (or more) MADI cable. How I can clock Micstasy + hdspe MADI + 9632 (or AIO) ?

Well a 50m AES cable maybe, or a 50m adat cable. OK will probably not work (but you could even try a balanced mic cable for the AES) and might be more expensive then an AIO. But if the micstasy had been closer it would have been a perfect solution.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Therefore 9632 + WCM or AIO ?

I dont undestand if AIO has internal Madi Sync (wit cable), or need a WCM.

AIO has internal word clock sync. HDSPe MADI too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Very Good, maybe mount a PCI (9632) and a PCIe (HDSPe MADI) is best than 2 PCIe cards, for IRQ sharing. (My motherboard has only 1 slot PCI. And 2 slot PCIe)

In short:

- HDSPe MADI master---->WCM out

- HDSP 9632 slave sync with WCM

And Micstasy ? I set Micstasy master clock and set HDSPe clock from "MADI" (micstasy) ?

I have a similar setup to the OP so I hope it is okay if I ask here instead of creating a new thread.

Syncing HDSPe MADI and HDSP 9632 (or AIO) via wordclock: I want to run the HDSPe MADI in slave mode so that the converter (ssl alpha link is internally clocked). Can I still sync the HDSP 9632 (or AIO) via wordclock from the MADI (although the MADI itself is in slave mode)? Reading the manual, I think it should work, as the wclock out is always produced...

Thanks a lot for an answer.

Yes, as long as you have the WC expansion card for the HDSP 9632. The HDSPe AIO can also get clock from the HDSPe MADI "Sync Out" internal port.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.