Topic: DigiCheck RMS

Hi,

I am using DigiCheck with the HDSP9652 and I wonder how the RMS and the RMS slow values are calculated. What are the integration times? Are there any additional attack or decay times? Unfortunately there is no further information about it to find in the documentation.

Thanks.

Re: DigiCheck RMS

Menu Options->Settings (F2). Some settings available like Integr. time (0.05 to 1.0 sec).
Description are available from the Digicheck->Help->Contents->Function->4-Bar level meter->(link from top page -Level Meter Setup-).

RW

Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus_i7-3770K-3.9GHz_DDR3-16GB_Win8.1-x64_TI FW PCI_1xUAD-2_Cubase 4&7

Hello rwil,

of course I know this settings and I know the digicheck help as well. But there are no parameters concerning the RMS values. The integration time you mentioned only concerns the correlator.

CZ

zippy wrote:

Hello rwil,

of course I know this settings and I know the digicheck help as well. But there are no parameters concerning the RMS values. The integration time you mentioned only concerns the correlator.

CZ

Oups, you are right about the integration time. RMS +3 dB, RMS Marker and RLB W.-Filter seems the only ones available around RMS.

RW

Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus_i7-3770K-3.9GHz_DDR3-16GB_Win8.1-x64_TI FW PCI_1xUAD-2_Cubase 4&7

Hello,

Agreed on crual missing detailed engineering about rms calculation sad
As far as I have understood DC shares the hardware buffer space used for data transfer to proceed on the fly calculations, thus integration becomes highly depending of its size and latency expected
Note that if Totalmix and DC are set on screen together, the rms metering in both is wrong as notified in the help, and shall not be compared with external metering in your daw for instance
I presume that the integration processing is of some kind of secret recipe, but probably no attack or decay nor overlapping of data here, simply a flat windowing against time integration and large averaging to output rms and slow rms
RME to help?
However, I have checked the accuracy of the spectrum analyser compared to 1st class 1/3 octave bank filters, and the result is of both very good match, thus I trust the rms metering features to be relevant for the purpose as well:-)

Regards

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II