Topic: HDSPe PCI for MADIface

We are using (BTW: very successful) a MADIface with ExpressCard for notebook operation. It would be nice to use the MADIface box alternatively with a PCIe interface for desktop operation. My first impression was, I could use the HDSPe PCI card for that task. But I didn't see any notes that mentioned this possibility. Is it possible and if not, what is the reason?

In our case a PCIe solution could have several advantages: the desktop is built into a silent case and therefore the MADI fiber cable could be easier plugged into a box which is located outside the case (interconnetced by a "firewire" cable). WCLK is not needed (anyway: there is no space for an additional card). So it would be space and cost saving in comparison to a HDSPe MADI solution!

regards,
Gabriel

Re: HDSPe PCI for MADIface

Sorry, not possible - different firmware etc.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Perhaps you try an expresscard to PCIe Adapter? I'm running a multiface 2 with ExpressCard and such an adaptor.

Sorry, wanted to report a long time ago: bought an Exsys EX-1005, which works like a charm and without any additional driver! Even with the longer 5m firewire cable. The only thing I did: a mechanical support for the smaller 34mm card in the 54mm slot, just for safety of the connectors. Very reasonable solution, many thanks!

Gabriel