Topic: Hammerfall DSP 9632 - Error opening sound device.

Hi there.

I have the Hammerfall DSP 9632 and I'm wanting to record what ever is going through the device into some sound recording software.

I keep similar error messages from all the programs i try

Audacity
Ableton live 8
Nero Wave Editor
Even windows sound recorder.

The error messages are along the lines of;

'Error while opening sound device. Please check the input device settings and the project sample rate'
'Failed to open the audio input device "ADAT (1+2) (RME HDSP 9632) WAVE'
'An audio device could not be found'

I hope its just user error as i could do it with an other older soundcard. Im not sure how to set the card up. All i did was install the software and it seemed to work.

In the HDSP Mixer there is nothing going through the input but there is a signal going through playback and output.

I have Windows 7 64bit and my HDSP drivers are upto date (3.26)

Anything else please ask.

Thanks in advance. Phil.

Re: Hammerfall DSP 9632 - Error opening sound device.

Is anything connected to the ADAT in? Have you tried`selecting the analog inputs?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for your fast response.

No, nothing is connected in.

Its what ever is going through my playback/output that Im wanting to record, like audio say from windows media player or youtube.

Thanks, Phil.

Please read the chapter on "Recording a Subgroup" in the manual.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Sorted, That simple. (

Many Thanks smile

Phil

In case someone needs to know;

TotalMix supports a routing of the subgroup outputs (=hardware outputs, bottom row) to the
recording software. Instead of the signal at the hardware input, the signal at the hardware output is sent to the record software. This way, complete submixes can be recorded without an
external loopback cable. Also the playback of a software can be recorded by another software.

To activate this function, click on the white label in the third row while holding down the Ctrl-key.
The label's colour changes to red. In case the channel has already been part of a group, the
colour will change from yellow to orange, signalling that the group functionality is still active for
this channel.

In loopback mode, the signal at the hardware input of the corresponding channel is no longer
sent to the recording software, but still passed through to TotalMix. Therefore TotalMix can be
used to route this input signal to any hardware output. Using the subgroup recording, the input
can still be recorded on a different channel.