Topic: two instances of Hammerfall DSP setting on the notification area

Hello.

I sometimes get two instances of 'Hammerfall DSP setting' on the Win7's notification area (lower left-hand corner next to the system clock). How do I solve this problem?         

My rig is

2xE5530 (2xXeon) 8GB RAM WIN 7 64
RayDAT

Thanks.

Re: two instances of Hammerfall DSP setting on the notification area

You have to uninstall the autorun entry for the wrong/old Settings dialog. See manual, driver de-installation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Millefolium 2011-11-18 02:41:59)

Thank you for the quick response.

I only saw a single entry of hammerfall DSP in program list(program and features from control panel), but I un-installed it anyway. Of course, this removed both HSDP setting and the mixer. I restart the system, re-installed the latest version of the driver again.

Now I only got one HDSP setting, but saw two instances of the mixer instead of HDSP setting. Only one of them seemed to be connected to the actual card.  I closed the one that is not working and restart the system.  So far it seemed neither of the problems is appearing for now.

Only problem still left is though, I still see orphaned entries listed for hdsp32 and hdspmix with the missing icons when I go to customize notification area.    The Legit ones says 'Hammerfall DSP setting' and 'Hammerfall DSP mixer' respectively with a proper icon for each.

Any idea?

Now I get two instances of HDSP mixer once in a while. Both of the instances are showing the level for RayDat. I don't get two HDSP setting after re-installation. 

I got another DAW with 9652(now using the same driver as my RayDat), but never experience odd stuff like this with that before.

Do I have to uninstall it and re-install again?

Thanks

The problem might be that you have to use the Software uninstall from the old driver. You used it from the new driver, which will not remove the outdated entries from the former driver.

If you are more experienced with Windows there is also another way to do it: hit Win, type msconfig, tab System Start, uncheck the wrong autostart entry for the mixer (I expect there to be at least two). Or use the program Autoruns, same same. If you deactivated the wrong entry you can easily activate it again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by Millefolium 2011-11-19 22:46:43)

I have checked start up from mscofig already, but there's only one entry each for the setting and the mixer.  Before I tried to uninstalled and re-installed it, I did the same thing, there was only one entry each for hdsp32 and hdspmix.

I looked for the old driver entry you mentioned, but couldn't find any.   Is there any specific 'software' to uninstall it, is that what it means by 'software uninstall'? If you meant going to to 'programs and features' from control panel, there was only one entry for Hammerfall DSP.

I also contacted the support and told the same thing. I was suggested to un-install the current one and re-installed it.

You may need to dig deeper and actually uninstall, then find and remove all HDSP entries in the registry, and reinstall... But mind that editing the registry is not without risk - you will do so at your own risk entirely.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, I guess I have to erase it in the registry.   

Thank you guys for your prompt responses.

What do you think caused this, though?  Did I forget anything to do or do something I shouldn't do before the driver update?  Just for next time I update the driver .

Thanks