Topic: UFX Midi Out malfunctions, on Mac & Win. RME support doesn't answer

Hello

Midi Out, with Firewire, in my recently purchased Firface UFX, is not working correctly. doesn't send notes correctly (it sends some notes other doesn't even seems to be sended) and the Midi clock is not constant, is irregular, sometimes goes fast others slow, it changes time without any aparent reason. This happens when the UFX is conected via Firewire (which gives much better performance and very low latency and is the conection i use for live performance with my Macbook Pro, that way i have two free USB ports for controlers) when conected via USB the problem disapears, but i have to increase latency, and lose very important USB ports.

I have tested the UFX with two diferent systems Mac and Windows the problem is the same on both systems, the systems are:

PC
Win XP service pack 3 (32 bits)
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 Mhz
4 GB Ram
Video Nvidia 8400 GS

Mac
Macbook Pro (2011)
Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion)
Intel i7 2.4 Mhz
8 GB Ram

Software Ableton Live 8.7.2 (not sure about the num version, but the last) Cubase 5.3.2

Please don't tell me that: as the UFX works with USB i should use USB. I payed more than 1.800 € for an audio interface that it should work correctly

HELP ME PLEASE
Thanks

Re: UFX Midi Out malfunctions, on Mac & Win. RME support doesn't answer

Which UFX Firewire drivers have you installed?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Timur 2011-11-22 19:49:53)

Can you offer a simple Live set and Cubase project for download to reproduce the issues?

Well, off corse i have downloaded an installed the last UFX driver version for Windows and Mac OS X, and yes i could offer a Live set and or Cubase project but don't know how, if you tell me i will.

Just compress them (ZIP, RAR, 7Z) and upload them to a server where I can download them.

Try to build projects with no audio samples in them, only Midi as far as possible (but still showing the problem). Also if possible do not use any external VST plugins (feel free to use any NI Komplete 8 plugin, though, I got them all).

Timur,

Thanks but i think that won't help, because there is no problem with MIDI "inside the machine"(controlling VSTi or Live instruments), the problem is with MIDI Out. I can record MIDI and send it to VSTi and theres on problem the problem beggins when i try to control my External Synth (Analog Modular Synth) With MIDI Out (Sending MIDI From Live or Cubase to my synth).

So using VSTis won't reveal the problem.

I do have external synths, so I can test this, too. Question is what exactly are you trying to send? Again a set/project for download that shows the exact Midi data being sent would help.