1 (edited by Xill 2011-12-18 09:28:45)

Topic: Loopback feature... [question/request]

For a years I had been using different software solutions to rout audio, Jack Os X & Soundflower; both requiring high buffers to function properly. I bought a Babyface instead of the UFX, first for financial reasons, secondly because I thought I didn't require the i/o and pres of the UFX.

Now I realize that I can rout the 4 adat bus back to the daw through Totalmix, with a much lower buffer than with the aforementioned softwares.
Amazing discovery!
There are 30 loopback-enabled bus with the UFX... That is great and I may well buy one eventually because of this.
However, my system (large virtual orchestra) currently runs on 48-64 buses (Jack Os X allows for routing of an unlimited amount of channels) ...

Question
Is the loopback processed by Totalmix (computer CPU) or the RME hardware?

Request
(Probably only possible if the processing is done by Totalmix and not by the RME hardware...)

Would it be conceivable for a future version of Totalmix to include the loopback feature not only on hardware playback channels, but also on an additional amount of software playback channels?
I also propose the addition of a mixer new section labelled "software inputs" (in essence virtual inputs to compensate for the increased amount of playback channels which could be looped back between softwares).

Thanks for the amazing drivers and stability you are providing.