Topic: babyface - one simple question - loopback

Hey Guys,

I hope you can quickly tell me what im doing wrong.

I have included a screenshot of my totalmix FX settings. I hope it will help.

[img align=C]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h423/visitor23/totalmixFX.jpg[/img]

OK, I print my Audiotracks in Cubase thru channel AS 1/2 with loopback aktivated. This works well, but I would like to use the babyface EQ on the tracks im recording. I can use the EQ, it will print the EQ and it sounds great.

The problem is, I can´t hear the EQ. I only hear that the EQ is active when the track is printed. What do I need to change so that I can hear what im EQing while im EQing?

I hope you understand what I mean. I don´t think it´s a big deal.

I have been trying to get this right last night and I just takes to much time for me to figure it out on my own. Since im just a producer that needs to work quickly.

Thank in advance!!!:-)

adding color helps you find it in the mix...

Re: babyface - one simple question - loopback

Anyone please? sad

I think the best way is to software monitor the EQed signal in Cubase through another playback channel.

In the moment you are using this signal flow:
Playback AN1/2 > AS1/2 with EQ Loopback to AS 1/2 input > Record in Cubase

You need to add a separate output in Cubase for the incoming AS 1/2 input (software monitoring) > Playback channel (e. g. ADAT 3/4) > Output AN1/2 (get signal only from ADAT 3/4).

best regards
Knut

Hi,
See if this video helps you set it up.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph … 3181860859
You should be able to adapt it to loop back withing Cubase it self if needed. The biggest thing to worry about is track monitoring. You want to make sure that you are NOT monitoring the original non EQed track at the same time as the EQed one.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Thank you! I will route another cubase inputs for ADAT 3/4. I´ll check out that video too. smile