1 (edited by larab 2011-11-11 23:21:32)

Topic: DIGI 9652 problem w noise

Hi! I posted a support question some weeks ago with no answer so I'll try it here...

I've got a sec hand DIGI9632/52 W52 rev 1.5 with expansion board with WordClock and third ADAT. Driver 2.11 from RME website.
Bought an AEB4-0, new,  to get analog outputs connected to ADAT 1 internal socket, also tried ADAT2
Running Windows XP, Cubase 4, Wavelab 6 and other software,
Two new Presonus DIGIMAX D8 for inputs to ADAT 1 and 2

Got BIG problem with noise when recording...
Playback is perfect, smooth and quiet, no noise..good sound when playing a wav.
but as soon as I hit the record button, a lot of noise appears.. like from an old analog mixer or something...freq changes in noise when switching between 44 48 khz. The card records what I'm playing, but with poor quality due to the noise levels.
if I connect something to the D8 inputs, for ex a mic, the noise sounds different
when switching the mic on or off.. off is more linear noise/buzz level, and when mic is on buzz mixes with
crackle and pops randomly. Same with for ex electric guitar or other instrument. The noise is also recorded, not only monitor sounds.Strange thing is, every thing works fine, every funktion of the card, tried sync via Word clock or ADAT won't make any difference, I've even tried disconnecting both
expansions, record some stuff and then playback thru internal onboard soundcard, same problem. Put card in another computers, twice, no difference. Checked the Presonus in another studio, they are ok. Same problem any which ADATport 1-3 I use.

Tried everything I think.. any more to check before I throw the card away...?? sad similar problems anyone?
Any help would be appreciated..

All the best/

Lars

Re: DIGI 9652 problem w noise

bumping...
Can't RME support give some help on this one please.... ??