Topic: Cubase 6 /HDSP 9652+ AEB 8I/O

Hi All,
just recently changed my hammerfall 9632  for HDSP 9652 I ve got AEB 8I /I cards fitted.
everything fine apart from previewing samples from searching directory such a mediabay also like previewing presets for Omnisphere forexample...
all channels are active no sounds coming but every other function works playing vst instruments or working with audio in the sequencer...
did i missed something?

also I ld need advice to hook up the adat2 connector with the AEB I8 as I had originally one cable so there is no sync between cards.it didnt really disturbed me previously as I used for years with the older hammerfall without any problem.everything was perfect and very reliable.I love this cards but would be great to make this part work..I can think of some routing issue must mention I never had this mixer routing  panel before.
to cut it shor could anybody give me a link of this cable I need?
thanks
J

2 (edited by Sheever 2011-12-19 22:20:27)

Re: Cubase 6 /HDSP 9652+ AEB 8I/O

Could anybody here help me out pls.

both led shows green on the AEB cards I have no input at all.no signal shows in totalmix neither,
on the DSP settings show everything no lock 44.1 kz 24 bit in cubase Aeb window clicked on settings panel
spdiF in and out on ADAT 1 option
clock source ADAT1 in
worlds clock single speed empty.
is that correct?
totalmix preset 1 all routing to adat 1+2
trying to make it work all afternoon no success...

also to the other question why can not preview any single wave from other window trough cubase ?
opening mediabay play sample no sound...
thanks

Hi,
Are you using Cubase's Control Room?
Are you using project templates from a previous version of Cubase?

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Hi
It is not 100% clear to me which AEB cards you have.
In any way spdif in and out on ADAT 1 should not be checked. That is for connecting a toslink cable to the adat ports.
From the AEB 8O manual I gather you do need the 3 pin cable, cause the AEB O´s runs in slave mode and won´t work without the cable.

Chris is right  about the other issue being a cubase setup problem. My guess (without any info) is the control room nixer is on but not configured properly. I have simply added 1 output on adat 1 2 in the control room mixer and removed the output in the vst connections output tab.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Thanks for your kind help.
The aeb 8 o is working perfectly the problem is no sound for subapplications such an mediabay and no preview sound can be hear forexample on omnisphere uless I load the preset.
The main problem I have no signal on aeb 8 I
I connected aeb dig out cable to cd in gnd black wire on righ and st7 3 pin on the 9652 connected to st7a on aeb 8I

On the mixer monitor no signal coming in
Previously I had hammerfall 9632 worked well with this cards...even few days ago still used.on the setting adat1 were synced the other was on no lock.
Now on the hdsp all connection shows no locked.
Cubase see all in and out but no sound coming in
Thanks again hope you guys can help me to sort it out.i bited trough the manuals but first time allways difficult to set up everything
Thanks again

7 (edited by vinark 2011-12-20 10:42:58)

Ah I see AEB8I should be connected to adat1 in and AEB checked in driver.
And to be sure spdif in to coaxial and spdif out nothing checked.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

thank you so much.
Ll back to you if its work.

Sounds like you did not click on the 'AEB' option in the Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

could you pls tell me which cable need to be plugged where on the AEB 8 I, also AEB 8O, and HDSP 9652.
maybe I mixed up something still nothing.
thank you

The cabling is described - including photos - in the manuals of the AEBs.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The manual shows picture how to connect the SECOND aeb 8 I and the manual said connect st7 on hdsp to st7a on aeb and digi out on aeb to cd/sync in on hdsp.
Now on hdsp there is only cd in,also the second card instruction connect compketely different as it goes to sync1 3 pin and st5 so I tought to ask here would clear out the mistakes I could make also would save me some hedeache and sleepless night
Thank you

I am sure the aeb I card is works as I used few days ago with the dige 9636
I have no incoming signal at all tried swap the connections I just have no more clue whats can be wrong...
Thanks again

Can you post a screenshot of the Settings dialog?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes sure later today as I am working at the moment
I ve picked the option posted above
44.1khz
sync -adat1
spdif in-coaxial
Spdif Out-empty
Aeb switched on (as you just mentioned
yesterday)
Thanks for your help

The aeb green led shows its works on both card
Also this is the first time I am using the matrix mixer just wondering the mixer suppose to show the input signal standalone without daw or it works only with the daw together?
I tried both and connect all possible routing came in my mind but no success:(
Would be great to make it work I like this rme interface so much I dont wanna get anything else.very reliable and great quality.best I ve worked with trough the years..

17 (edited by Sheever 2011-12-21 19:52:58)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qx8gkg

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gjejim

The manual clearly shows and tells that you have to connect the AEB8-I like this:

> Connecting an AEBx-I to the second ADAT In of a HDSP 9652. Remove the jumper ST5, plug DIGOUT of the AEBx-I on both right and middle pin of ST5.

Also don't select 'ADAT1 In' as clock source if you don't use it. Set it to 'Internal'.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias
That was maybe the confusion I read that and it suggest that you do so when you connect a second  aebx card
Ll try defo.thanks for you help

20 (edited by Sheever 2011-12-23 16:54:30)

quick update

I fitted back my old digi 9636 with the two AEB 8 I/O
and it works..so not the fault of the expansion cards.
is any compatibility issue possible between the cards itself?

also called RME support UK they said everything connected correctly with the HDSP.
I just tried with an older driver.doesnt work.
thats it.