Topic: HDSPe AIO and Z68 motherboard compatibility

I'm looking for some advice on matching HDSPe AIO with a Z68 chipset motherboard, since I'm planning on basing a new DAW on the latter. I'm eyeing the Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 in particular. Does anyone have experience on matching this or other Z68 mobos with the HDSPe AIO? I was originally considering the HDSP 9632, but am concerned that it could have problems with the non-native PCI implementation of Z68.

Any input is much appreciated.

Re: HDSPe AIO and Z68 motherboard compatibility

My motherboard in an Asus P8P67LE, not the same as yours, but certainly exhibited problems associated with non-native PCI support. I originally had an M-Audio AP192 PCI soundcard but it was plagued with pops and clicks. I switched to the PCIe HDSPe AIO and it's been whisper quiet.

FrankenStrat wrote:

My motherboard in an Asus P8P67LE, not the same as yours, but certainly exhibited problems associated with non-native PCI support. I originally had an M-Audio AP192 PCI soundcard but it was plagued with pops and clicks. I switched to the PCIe HDSPe AIO and it's been whisper quiet.

Good to know! How are the analog ins/outs on the AIO? I hear some are complaining about noise on these.

I haven't had the opportunity to record anything just yet with the festive season being upon us, however I may get the opportunity within the next couple of days, so I'll report back then.

I think I can keep using my HDSP 9632, luckily. I thought initially it had been damaged by a short-circuited motherboard, but that turned out not to be the case. Also, it seems so far I can get glitch-free operation at low latencies on the P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3 motherboard. Still interested in hearing your experiences with the AIO though smile