Topic: Recording Totalmix Fx into Logic

I have a babyface and im running a separate preamp into AN1 to record vocals. With the Totalmix Fx on (echo and reverb and eq). I want to record all that into my logic but cant figure it out. I have tried for 3 days now and I have hit the wall.

Everytime I record vocals I hear the Fx on but when i playback the print in logic it is dry....that I understand....but I want Logic to capture my vocals with the FX on..

Ive read one thread similar to this but it was for the actual overall submix....and also someone said to "rightclick" the fx window...but nothing happens when i do it.

Your help would be very much appreciated

Re: Recording Totalmix Fx into Logic

Why not use MUCH better fx in Logic????HeadScratch

1.Of course I do
2. I want to know how to do it since I have it and got it

Logic and any other recording software canot record a signal (with or without effects) from TotalMix because in the signal flow the mixer and all effects are behind the split point to the software.
Search for "Loopback" in the forum and the manual.

best regards
Knut

Thanks Knut....1 more question if i take the dry vocal track and solo just that from my daw and run it through totalmix fx is there a way to processes the reverb and delay and eq and record(loopback) that and record that in my daw?

Sure, mix/route it with the effects to output 1/2 and click the Loopback button. Record input 1/2.

best regards
Knut

Hey Knut

Im failing miserably on how to do this....

I took the vocal track i layed down which was input 1/stereo out

I set the software playback in mono AN1 to PH3/4

Hardware output is where im confused as to how to set it as well as what im suppose to have the logic track input and output set as for the loopback

Was i suppose to setup up something in logic or the matrix window for the loopback function?

Sorry for this awful noobie question.

** while i was messing around with the input and output in hardware playback when having the meters up it did record signal but it also recorded feedback from the speakers and the metronome

I set the software playback in mono AN1 to PH3/4

As I wrote above: route it to output 1/2 and click the Loopback button. PH3/4 has no Loopback, because it has no corresponding input.

best regards
Knut

OK I finally got it after watching some rme tutorials and incorporating what Admin Knut provided......there is no Logic tutorial I saw the pro tools and cubase ones and this is whats confusing......as far as the other daws it reads the adat inputs and outputs...but in logic its considered 3-4 outputs.....

For those who didnt get it

Software playback: an1/2 output AS1/2

Hardware output As1/2 (LoopBack)

Logic input 3-4 OUTPUT TO AN UNUSED BUS

Thanks for your help Knut!

** You Need To Turn Off Your Metronome As Well Or It Will Record It**