Topic: TotalMix track names to TouchOsc

Hi! I have the HDSP madi card and using TotalMix. Im trying to build a touch osc template to control TM, and have it all working well but I'd love to be able to get the channel names across to touch osc. I understand they are all sysex messages but I cant work out how to get them to send themselves to Touch osc. Has anyone tried / done this please? I guess it must be possible somehow since the Mackie MSU seems to suck them out from TM smile

thanks

Matt

Re: TotalMix track names to TouchOsc

Hi Matt,
Not sure if you're still in persuit of this one but if you are I'd be interested to know how did you go?

I too have managed to create a touchOSC template to control most features of TM. I am using the LC Xmu software to translate the standard midi messages output from touchOSC into Mackie Control protocol so that totalmix will interpret the messages. This works fine- I can push faders, select submix o/p, jump between banks of faders etc. However, the control room section of totalmix is a different story. The RME manual states that one can use standard midi note on/off messages to control this section of TM. It even states the implementation and note assignments etc. I cant get it to work at all. Have you had any luck? I have even simplified my midi chain such that I am using a standard midi keyboard as a midi trigger on the notes specified in the manual. Alas, I get no love. The function I really want to control is 'speakers B'. Any ideas?

Melbourne, Australia.
Pro Audio Dealership.
FF UFX / Macbook 2008 2.4GHz/6GB RAM