Topic: BabyFace noise problem

Hi, I just bought BabyFace (Snow Edition) and I've encountered a noise problem. It is a constant crackling-like sound that as far as I can tell change according to computer activity. I think it has something to do with video card interference. I've read all the other threads and none of the solutions seems to be working. It should not be a ground loop, because both the computer and the two active monitors are connected to the same outlet. I've tried disabling several drivers, the video card (PCIe, nVidia) included, but there was no change whatsoever. Also, it makes no difference if I'm using the extension cable or not. And both phones outputs are noise-free. And there is no other device connected to the same USB bus as Babyface. What do you suggest?

Re: BabyFace noise problem

This is a ground loop problem. It doesn't matter if they are in the same outlet or not. They have their own power line which forms a ring, no matter how 'big' that ring is.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well, you may be right. It makes sense since the noise is occuring only in the monitors, not in phones. But there is one strange thing - it starts only after the Windows logo (loading) shows up. Also, I have a different sound interface, which, plugged into the same monitors and the same computer via USB, produces no noise - is that possible? Anyway, I really don't know much about ground loops, would you please recommend me some options? Thank you!

Would putting these between the monitors and the Babyface help?

http://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/black-b … ices/isoxl

Basically yes. I can personally recommend this one:

http://www.artproaudio.com/products.asp … amp;id=106

It's a universal tool that should be in everyone's shelf. Some day you will need it anyway. So even if using this and unexpectedly the noise stays your money isn't wasted - and not a lot as well, as this one is nicely priced.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the help! I already made an order for ART DTI and I will let you know how it went.

I can report that the DTI succesfully made the noise dissappear. So thanks again for your suggestion!