Topic: Interfacing with RAMSA DA7 through ADAT

Hello,

I was a longtime user of the old Hammerfall 9652 with my RAMSA Da7 digital mixer using ADAT I/O with Cubase. I recently moved to Windows 7 (64-bit) and installed the HDSP 9652 with Cubase 6.05. I am using the 90652 as the WC source and the two ADAT channels sync up as you would expect.

I can get two channels of output from the DA7, but the remaining 16 channels of ADAT output are silent. Cubase shows them on the output busses, but they never get to the DA7. What I'm wondering is how the Total Mix application is affecting these problems. The output chain looks like: Cubase out -> 9652 -> DA7. This worked perfectly for the past 9 years, but now fails no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Interfacing with RAMSA DA7 through ADAT

You should see the outputs in the 2 bottom rows of totalmix. The middle one is the outputs from cubase and the bottom ones the sends to the outputs. If you click on a bottom pair you can see in the channels above what is send to this output. It´s a submix system. Every 2 bottom faders (pair) is one submix.
If you can see the cubase outputs having signals it is indeed totalmix that is not set up correctly

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Re: Interfacing with RAMSA DA7 through ADAT

Thanks so much for your guidance. All is working as it should be now!

Happy New Year!

Jeff