Topic: Multiface1 + HDSP PCI card stability problems, BSODs Win7/64bit

Hi,

I recently put this card into my system and am experiencing various problems. On my motherboard there are 2 PCI slots, I tried both. On the upper one I was experiencing random BSODs (although that might have been the fault of Foobars buggy Asio plugin which i stopped using since then), but the card was recognised most of the time (I don't remember it being not recognised except for while installing).
Now it's in the lower slot and I have not had random BSODs except for directly after returning from s3 (suspend to RAM). But about 1/4 of the boots ,the card isn't recognised at all (Hardware failure LED + nothing to be seen in Device Manager) and I have to shut down and Power up again (warm reboot doesn't work).  If the card does get recognized, it works fine.
S3 never really worked reliably, in Slot 1 it sometimes came back with "Hardware failure" led on, Now in Slot 2 I sometimes get BSODs upon return (so I choose to not use s3 for the time being). I did some tweaking in the BIOS (there was a feature to shut down empty PCI slots to avoid uneccessary EM noise, which I disabled) but that didn't help either.

Machine Specs:

-Win7 64bit sp1
-MSI 785G-E53 (BIOS isn't the latest, have been reluctant to flash it because of hard soldered BIOS chip, that can't be easily replaced if anything should go wrong)
-AMD Athlon X3 440
-4GB Ram (A-Data Value Ram)
-Video: Onboard Radeon 4200HD (128mb)
-Network: Onboard Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
-Onboard Sound is disabled in Bios

-PCI Card Serial Number: 22213827 (it's the Number on the sticker on the back of the Card, right ?), Hardware revision 17 (flashed it myself), Multiface Serial Number: 22187450, Driver Version 3.26

I can provide minidumps if it helps

Thanks and regards,
Mo.

Re: Multiface1 + HDSP PCI card stability problems, BSODs Win7/64bit

*bump*

anyone ? any ideas at all ? should I try to flash the card again to make sure ?
I've read somewhere that the multiface 1 doesn't "like" s3 (whatever that means), is that true ?