Topic: ProTools 10 - Fireface UFX

Hi,

Anyone running ProTools 10 with a UFX yet?

David

Re: ProTools 10 - Fireface UFX

Yes... I have not tried everything but was able to bring up keys through ins 11-12 and record in PT 10. I also upgraded to lion today and do not seem to have any issues.

C

hello
yes i'm pt 10 user since yesterday.
and it's work like a charm.
there is a lot of good news in this version.

i'm not in lion but in 10.6.8...
i don't like lion....for the moment.

Just got my UFX the other day from Sweetwater and so far it seems to work like a charm. At first I was a little confused by Totalmix...but when I figured eveything out it worked with Protools 10 and Ableton live 8 without a hitch. And what a nice upgrade from my old Digi 003R! The sound is gorgeous. I'm very I happy I went with RME.

A. W. Bullington

Are you guys connecting your computer to the UFX using the Firewire or by USB? Protools 10 has been nothing short of a nightmare for me since upgrading a few weeks back. 9 ran fine since I've had my UFX. With 10 I'm constantly getting errors and it's crashing. I've been a PT user since 5.2 and I don't ever recall it crashing on me (without good reason, at least) like this.

Here's my post over at the Avid/Protools forum, just so I don't have to cover it all here again...
UFX/PT10 problems/OSX 10.6.8
---
c

I've been using the UFX just fine with my USB connection everything works perfectly. Oh yeah I'm on WIN 7 x64.

Take care

I have been reading all of the post about running PT 10 with RME UFX and it appears that is stable.  I am considering buying a RME UFX but with some hesitation.  On other forums there are issues with latency and running Totalmix.  Is there a lot of work-arounds or is it simple as apple pie?  I don't have time for  a bunch of work-arounds.  Please, please give me your best advise before I go out and buy this setup.  I really need to stay with PT because I am currently running a Control 24 control surface which only works with PT.