Topic: Alternating from Windows to Mac - FF800 - can't stabilize sync on Mac

Hi,

My main system is on Windows with the RME FF800 (through FW400 port).

I tried to connect on a Mac Mini (of course, shuting down the Win PC and for additional security disconnecting FW cable from the PC end.

Then, connected the Mac through FF800 cable (Mac mini 2011, on Lion). 

However, WC green lights just keep blinking and my external mixing board keep saying ''Wrong Word Clock''. Red host led is shutting down so I assume connection is done with the Mac, so this should not be a cabling issue.  My RME is linked to the external mixer with BNC cable for sync (I know this is not an absolute with a simple setting like this, but... it works - under Windows).

Am I missing something here ?

This is my first try of this setup.

One other concern : will using Total Mix and any setting done from the Mac outset completely what is being set in Windows and vice versa?
I wrote previously in this forum about my intent and it was apparently feasible as long as I never forget to shut one system before launching the other...

Thanks
Rob

Re: Alternating from Windows to Mac - FF800 - can't stabilize sync on Mac

The choices in the Fireface Settings application (and the Mixer, for that matter) are saved on the computer, not the FF. You'll have to choose the correct settings in the app. Sounds like your FF is set for internal clock when it should be set for Word Clock sync.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Alternating from Windows to Mac - FF800 - can't stabilize sync on Mac

Jeff,

Thanks for quick reply as usual smile

Are you also saying that this ''internal'' vs ''Word sync'' will remain on computers and not on the FF ?

And, I don't mean to ne lazy here, but where/how do I change it ? From what I could see, it was set to some ''auto Sync'' on the Mac.  I have not seen an option for ''Internal'', and it looked like the visual is different then under Windows...

I'd like to re-give it a try...

Thanks
Rob