1 (edited by divine wright 2012-01-08 13:02:19)

Topic: How can I route input 1 to input 6...to 5/6 as stereo input

Ye. I've had a look around, looked in the manual. I was just wondering how I might be able to route mic pre (1) to input 6 to make a stereo input through 5/6. I want to do this through Logic. I've tried experimenting with the matrix thing but am unable to work out how this can be done. Due to the lack of info on routing inputs to different inputs I suspect I might be going about this the wrong way.

Another thing I've tried is to route input 1 to output 3 , coming out into a compressor and then back in through input 6 but am unable to get this to work either in the Matrix.

If anyone were able to point me in the right direction with regards to either (or both) of these conundrums it'd be massively appreciated.

Matt.

Re: How can I route input 1 to input 6...to 5/6 as stereo input

Hi Matt,
You description makes no sense. smile

Are you trying use an external compressor on your Mic input while recording?
If so then you are doing this all in Logic not the Total Mix.
You need to use Logic External Effect plugin to do this correctly.
Working with External Audio Effects

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

3 (edited by divine wright 2012-01-08 18:04:31)

ChrisLudwig wrote:

Hi Matt,
You description makes no sense. smile

Are you trying use an external compressor on your Mic input while recording?
If so then you are doing this all in Logic not the Total Mix.
You need to use Logic External Effect plugin to do this correctly.
Working with External Audio Effects

Thanks Chris

I'm pretty sure there is a way to route input 1 to Output 3. I think I have done it before. Using the Matrix (not Morpheus style, using the totalmix add-on).

EDIT......just to clarify. I have one mic going through a portico preamp and in through In5 on the FF400. I do not however have another pre available and would like to use the RME pre on input 1. However, in logic, stereo tracks are paired 1-2 , 3-4 , 5-6 etc etc. So, basically, I need a way to make input 1 and input 5 a stereo pair in logic. I don't know how to do that. 

Cheers for your help anyway. appreciated.

Matt.

divine wright wrote:

I'm pretty sure there is a way to route input 1 to Output 3. I think I have done it before. Using the Matrix (not Morpheus style, using the totalmix add-on).

Yes, just like you said. In the matrix view, find the cross point for In 1 and Out 3, then click.

So, basically, I need a way to make input 1 and input 5 a stereo pair in logic. I don't know how to do that.

Pretty sure this is not possible in Logic, but anyway it's not an RME problem. Check your Logic manual.

If you send In 1 to Out 5, then activate "loopback" on Out 5 in the FF Mixer, the signal from In 1 will also be available at In 5. Not sure if that helps, you may want to explain why you want this so we can better assist you.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.