Topic: Please help

My hard drive was making noises, becoming unstable and occasionally shutting my computer down. I copied my files and system to a new hard drive. Since this time my Daw refers to soundcard and asio drivers and when i click on the options Babyface is not on the list. I can't update any drivers and the Babyface is not recognised in soundcard options. I have tried reloading the driver disc but it wont reinitialise Babyface. I have projects i'm working on and haven't been able to access them for a week. I'm a musician and not a computer whizz kid. My Os is Windows xp The baby face is flashing so there doesn't seem to be a problem there. Some info on how to get it up and running again would be much appreciated.

Re: Please help

If the Babyface does not appear in the list then the driver is not installed. Check device manager, you should see the Babyface listed with a yellow mark indicating drivers are not loaded. Follow the detailed guide here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for replying it's appreciated. It's not in the device manager list and i when try to load drivers from either the disc or from the update site it doesn't do anything. It doesn't show up in add or remove programs either. This is only since i had to install a new hard disc otherwise it's been working perfectly for a year.

Do you have the babyface plugged into the USB ports before starting up the computer?
If "Found New Hardware" does not work it should, but you also can do that anytime the computer is on in the Control Panel Applets

Start->Settings->Control Panel -> Add Hardware (but it must be plugged in when you start your computer up)

I have finally after a fretful week got Babyface running. I've got three hard drives and the programme i used to copy the faulty hardrive (Acronis) changed all the drive letters.  Babyface wasn't showing up in device manager etc So none of the usual fix's worked, update driver etc.
I had to shut my computer down so many 100's of times and tried different configurations that i'm not  sure what the final fix was. I had been shutting down with the Babyface cd in the drive and trying booting from different drives and finally the words "New hardware found " were like a religious experience!

Thanks for taking the time to offer your advice.