Topic: FF800: Trying to move mixer presets from Windows to Mac

Folks,

I am moving from Windows to Mac.

On Windows, I saved my FF800 mixer presets using the "Save All Presets" command. After that, I tried to read the resulting .fpr file on the Mac using the "Open All Presets" command, which first did not accept the .fpr file.

To make it accept the .fpr file, I used the SetFile tool to modify the .fpr file creator and type to "rmeP" (which I found out using the GetFileInfo tool on a file I created with "Save All Presets" on the Mac).

Although the mixer then accepted the .fpr file, the result was not was I expected. The mixer was messed-up, and I had to use the "Undo Load Preset" command to restore the previous state.

Now my question: Is there a way to move my FF800 mixer presets from Windows to Mac?

This is an FF800 with firmware 2.77 and driver/mixer 2.93 on the Mac. On Windows XP, I have driver/mixer 2.9992 installed.

Thank you for your help,
soulianis

Re: FF800: Trying to move mixer presets from Windows to Mac

As I did not receive any response, I meanwhile "manually" moved my mixer presets to the Mac sad

I also would like to transfer my FF400 presets from Win to OS X Lion.
Unfortunately the filetype .fpr cannot be read under OS X...

Any solutions?

Thanks and regards,
Solari

As the files are not cross-platform you will have to do it manually. As a search in this forum would have found quickly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias,

MC wrote:

... As a search in this forum would have found quickly.

With all due respect I disagree. I always use the search function to see whether or not a question was answered already. In this case it did not reveal anything. If you don't mind, please show us where this was mentioned before.

Thank you,
soulianis

And you are fully right: I searched half an hour and didn't find anything ed:  fryingpan

Sorry then. TotalMix presets or preset banks have never been compatible between Mac and Windows, no matter if Intel or PPC Mac. This has been adressed in the newer TotalMix FX by using a standard file format (xml).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias. Now I feel sorry for having wasted your time wink

BTW, I'm just moving to the UFX. From what you write, I understand that this will no longer be an issue then. Good work smile

Have a wonderful day,
Roland

MC wrote:

And you are fully right: I searched half an hour and didn't find anything ed:  fryingpan

If I'm not mistaken, we discussed the topic by mail - that may have been confused with the forum, it's a while ago...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME