Topic: HDSPe AIO issues (noise)?

I've been told there are problems with noise at least on the headphone output of the HDSPe AIO, is this a real issue with current revisions of the card? Are there any other drawbacks with this card, compared to its PCI equivalent, 9632?

Re: HDSPe AIO issues (noise)?

There's a high pitched "whine" on the analog outs in my setup (2010 Mac Pro 8-core). It's not that loud, so it doesn't bother me as I only use the analog outs for headphones/tracking. I would not use them for critical listening, or record the output. Haven't tried the analog ins so I can't speak for those.

Runepune wrote:

There's a high pitched "whine" on the analog outs in my setup (2010 Mac Pro 8-core). It's not that loud, so it doesn't bother me as I only use the analog outs for headphones/tracking. I would not use them for critical listening, or record the output. Haven't tried the analog ins so I can't speak for those.

That doesn't sound too promising hmm

4 (edited by mani1147 2012-01-09 16:49:37)

Just in case you have the same problem as me, I will tell you about my digital noise /60hz hum issues and resolution.

I have an RME 9652 connected to an ADA8000 8ch I/O via lightpipe.
Two analog outs (balanced XLR) of the ADA8000 were fed to the stereo input of my headphone amp (1/4" TRS). This is when I noticed a bad 60hz hum and also high pitch digital noise in my headphones that would change when I moved my mouse around.

I trouble shoot this prob for almost a week, trying to isolate problem and finaly found a solution.
It was my cable going from ADA8000 to HA4700 headphone amp.
The pin#1 of XLR must not be connected, only pin2=hot(+ve) and pin3=cold(-ve)

So:
XLR A pin1 ----> N/C
XLR A pin2 ----> 1/4A"TRS Tip
XLR A pin3 ----> 1/4A"TRS sleeve
XLR B pin1 ----> N/C
XLR B pin2 ----> 1/4A"TRS Ring
XLR B pin3 ----> 1/4A"TRS sleeve

After this mod to my cable, all digital noise is gone and 95% of 60hz hum is gone.
I realise this is not the same RME card/setup as you but my info may be able to help you in your setup.

Cheers and good luck
Mani