Topic: FF800: loosing clock and connection

Hi all,

I´m having a weired problem with my Fireface 800. Since about half a year I´m having trouble with my FF800. It plays some time (sometimes hours and at later stages only for minutes) and then it starts loosing the connection, the sound starts to get distorted - when I check the RME Fireface Settings I can see that the clock gets lost - thats when its either on master or on slave using an outboard clock. After that I´m loosing the middle row of the fireface mixer and then everything is dead - no sound. Sometimes I can switch the FF800 off and try to connect again, sometimes it is not working, only after a longer time... about half an hour or so. The problem started under my MacBookPro with Snow Leopard and driver 2.71 - I´m now on Lion with driver 3.02. Always when there is a new driver the soundcard seems to work for some weeks and after that time the old bug comes back. Reinstalling the driver doesn´t help. I tried different firewire cables - 400 and 800, always the same.
What can cause this issue? I would be very thankful for any help.

Best regards - Christoph

Re: FF800: loosing clock and connection

If that is an older Fireface 800 it might require service (power supply problem).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias Carstens,

thanks for your fast feedback. Actually my Fireface had a repair with the power supply shortly before the whole thing started at synthax ... should there maybe a warranty on that work. That was in July 2011.

Best regards - Christoph

Wenn's der gleiche Schaden ist, eigentlich schon. Bitte direkt bi Synthax anfragen.

mfg
D. Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME