Topic: Monitoringproblems and drop-outs...

Hey there

I run my babyface with Logic 9, Mac, SnowLeopard 10.6.4., and the latest version of Totalmix.

There are two problems:

1. I assigned the phones 1 channel in Totalmix and cant hear the Microphone (AN1). It records in Logic, but I need the Direct Signal to record obviously. I did read the manual and looked at many youtube Tutorials, I dont think that I am very studip, but I still cant hear a think on my Headphones...

2. While making music, after some time drop-outs appear. When I close Totalmix in the background, the drop-outs disappear for up to one hour, then the dropouts appear again until I restart the computer.

I lost hours with that problem and I start to believe my card stinks.
Any help?

Thanks in advance

Re: Monitoringproblems and drop-outs...

...also, there is clicks and artefacts on the recordings. Also visibly seen in the waveform...

anyone? Please?

this is a real poor forum... 2nd time I post this, no replies... never going for RME ever again.

Your posting is only 24 hours old. There is no guarantee for immediate replies on this forum. Also, whether or not other users fee like responding is their choice entirely, therefore please refrain from indirectly insulting them.

There is not much information here, esp. about the exact type of Mac, the exact driver version, etc. Dropouts are usually not caused by the audio interface. Increasing latency in Logic might help.

As for question 1, our Totalmix tutorials show exactly how to route input signals to output channels.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME