Topic: FF800 / Logic Pro: no levels in "record" mode? Newbie question!

I'm trying to make my new FF800 work with Logic Pro 9.

The drivers and flash updater are downloaded. I successfully turned on phantom power from the FF settings, and there's good input level from the mic to the FF. Logic "sees" the FF800 as a device. The FF800 is set as "input device" in both the Mac's Audio / Midi prefs and in Logic. Tracks appear to be armed correctly for recording.

And: I get no levels in Logic when attempting to record. Have pored over the manuals and many "help" forums. Can anyone suggest what I might have overlooked? Thanks~

Re: FF800 / Logic Pro: no levels in "record" mode? Newbie question!

Which input do you use on the FF800 and which input channel do you select for the track in Logic?

Also, check your FF800 settings for input 7 & 8. These inputs can be set to Front (mic), Rear (line) or Front + Rear (both inputs combined).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Currently using input 7 on FF800, set to "front." Input above channel strip in Logic says, "Input 1-2."

HankT wrote:

Input above channel strip in Logic says, "Input 1-2."

Do you see the problem here? You'll probably also want to use a mono track for your mono mic input.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ah. Old at music, new to DAW stuff. I think I get it, but, to be clear: I need to set up a mono track in Logic?

You'll also want to tell Logic to record from input 7... cool

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you kindly. Will attempt.

>You'll also want to tell Logic to record from input 7...<

Got the mono track set, but have no idea how to accomplish the >above<. Is this an admissible question in this forum? I do really appreciate your patience.

Click and hold on the input label in Logic, a menu pops up that allows you to select the input.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Bingo. This makes my day. You're very kind, thank you.