Topic: Fireface 800 blasting white noise on power up before PC boots up

Wow!  Haven't really had trouble for the last year or two with the FF800, but I just updated to driver 2.66 and firmware 2.47 the other day and ever since powering FF800 down and back on after the firmware update, I get white noise blasting out at max volume out of it until the computer fully boots up.  Almost blew my headphones out.  Speakers were off fortunately.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Just for the record, I'm on an IBM Thinkpad R53 running Windows XPsp2.

Re: Fireface 800 blasting white noise on power up before PC boots up

Store both valid settings (especially clock) and the correct TotalMix setup into the FF. Then this should stop.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC, is this somewhat related to my setup too? I've got a Behringer ADA800 connected to the FF800 via ADAT and a Behringer Ultramatch Samplerate converter (feeded with a guitar processor spdif signal) that goes in the FF via coaxial Spdif. When I need to leave the studio or simply turn off some equipment to not overload the mains, I turn off the Behringers by their mains power and the some loud digital clicks and crocks come out of the Fireface. Is there a way to stop this?
thanks, ciao

What syncs what?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,
the FF is set on Autosync, the rate converter on internal/ppl locked and the ada8000 to slave.

I'm not clear on how to do what you suggest: "Store both valid settings (especially clock) and the correct TotalMix setup into the FF"

Does the menu item "Flash Current Mixer State" under "options" on Total Mix perform the function you decribe? 

Thanks

subatomic wrote:

Does the menu item "Flash Current Mixer State" under "options" on Total Mix perform the function you decribe?

It does indeed...

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Sorry to dig this old thread up but I thought it'd be best to post here instead of opening a new one:

I'm having some sort of similar problem with noise coming out of my FF400 (synced to a Behringer ADA8000).
It only happens after the units have been powered down over night, almost as if they need some time to warm up.
The ADAT light flashes, and there seems to appear fading white noise for max. 30 seconds before they get a stable sync (and it remains stable).

That's certainly no biggie, but I'm just wondering what this means?

Regards,
Matt