Topic: Missing Asio Driver

Hi

I'm trying to set my Multiface 2 up on a Lenovo T60p laptop via the cardbus. I'm using Sonar 7.02 all works fine on my desktop but on the laptop the Asio driver doesn't work, when Asio is selected the multiface is not recognised, but is using Wdm driver!!! Any ideas and thanks in advance..

Best Regards

Gary

System...
Lenovo T60p
Sonar 7.02
XP
Pcmcia card
Multiface 2
Driver 3.26

Re: Missing Asio Driver

Try RME DIGICheck or other programs that support ASIO to see if this is only a Sonar problem. If so then you will have to compare the Sonar settings from desktop and laptop step by step.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by stroppa 2012-01-04 13:47:59)

Hi Matthias

Thanks for the reply I will give DigiCheck a try when I return from work. I'm pretty sure it is not a Sonar only problem as i cant get the asio to work in standalone softsynths either.  I have just about everything in the device manager disabled but still no luck.

Regards
Gary

The firmware of the CardBus is current?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi

Yes the firmware is the latest 55, latest driver 3.26, XP upto date.  I decided on this laptop as it was recommended by someone using a multiface 2 via cardbus and works well !!!

Regards

Gary

You could also try another driver install, preferably by updating to version 3.27 from our website.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi

Have installed 3.27 driver still no luck. Have installed the cardbus, Multiface and Sonar on a Dell studio 1535 (that is not capable of audio work) and the Asio driver shows up !!!??? HeadScratchHeadScratch

Regards

Bemused

The ASIO driver is - even when the driver itself is missing - listed in the menus of the DAWs because they read a simple registry entry. When this entry is missing the driver is not listed. That means that during driver installation the registry can not be written correctly. That is an error of your specific laptop which you will have to examine, there is nothing we can do from here.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi

Ok so I haven't been thorough enough in my endevours. Turns out that...
1. when using wdm, tracks play but no actual sound at outputs.
2. Host light stays red and doesn't go out.
3. This happens on 2 laptops so not a laptop problem.
4. Is not Multiface or Firewire cable as these work on desktop.

Which leaves pcmcia card or power supply of which neither have been used before, bought the bundle three years ago and have never had the need to use pcmcia until now. Guess I need to source a power supply to test first (cheaper option) and then maybe find a service centre in the UK if the cards can be repaired??

Regards

Gary

Hi

Just remembered I had the 12v car power supply tried that and still no luck.  This means that the pcmcia card is faulty!!! Are these cards repairable or is it a bin job???

Regards

Gary

Hi

Just to follow this up and finish the thread.  Turns out the card is faulty, have bought one second hand off ebay and this works well.  A little dissapointed that the card is faulty as it has never been used since new, but happy to get to the bottom of it and paid very little for the new card.  Is it possible to have the cards repaired?????

Regards

Gary

Repair should be no problem... Is it still under warranty? Please contact the retailer.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi

No unfortunately it is not under warranty.  Bought the multiface pci/pcmcia bundle 3 years ago just never had the need to use the pcmcia card until now.  Would still like to have it repaired though.

Regards

Gary