Topic: UFX output routing. going insane. HELP!

Hi,

I'm sitting here trying to write some music and all I want to do is output to some FX units. This works fine. I can send out of any of the outputs. But for some reason I am hearing the FX along with the original sound. I think the UFX internal mixer thinks its a good idea to also route all my outputs to 1/2 also. Anyone know how to stop this?? AHHHH

Thanks,
Dom

Re: UFX output routing. going insane. HELP!

A somewhat more detailed descripion would help us help you...

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by thedommer 2012-01-14 22:56:36)

in protools I have set output 5 to go out to effects. I have a drum machine going out of output 5. It is then going through external effects and coming back in through input 12(DI). So all I should hear is the processed sound. but for some reason I still hear the original sound in my left speaker and I can't get rid of it.

Looks like a PT routing issue to me... Or else, you have the software playback channel 5 going to 1/2 also in the UFX mixer. Just have a look at the matrix view, then you will see what is going where and you can click the unwanted routing away easily.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by thedommer 2012-01-14 23:27:16)

yah. Ive been trying all that. I really don't think its protools. Ive looked at all the routing and it seems fine. Nothing is overlapping.

Why is it that if I mute 5/6 under software playback it then stops 5/6 from going out through "Hardware output 5/6"? All I want is to not hear it through my speakers but still have it output through 5/6.

It is true Im new to the UFX so maybe it is something I'm missing. My brain says mute the software playback because i don't need that. But then my output stops so that doesn't work.

Dom

thedommer wrote:

Why is it that if I mute 5/6 under software playback it then stops 5/6 from going out through "Hardware output 5/6"?

Because that is the way the mixer works... You might want to have a look at this tutorial video: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5039

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

wait a minute. whats matrix view? I got to look that up. hmmm...

ok thanks. Ill keep looking through this. I know its something terribly simple. makes it all the more frustrating.

thedommer wrote:

Why is it that if I mute 5/6 under software playback it then stops 5/6 from going out through "Hardware output 5/6"? All I want is to not hear it through my speakers but still have it output through 5/6.

Because you used the Global Mute function. Using a Mute Group function it mutes the current routing only. See page 64 of the current manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME