Topic: UFX: dynamics software bug?

Hello,

I'm having interesting (and disturbing) issue with dynamics. I noticed it today as I had 4 channels of drums, BD, Snare and 2 overs. I tried to setup compressor to left over mic. I enabled compressor and noticed that no graphics started to move. I mean, normally when you enable compressor you can see where level of sound is at graphics at totalfx. But now, nothing. I started to think that I did something wrong. I on/off'd this compressor button but always same results. Then I did same thing to right over mic. And it works for right channel. Settings are same for both channels. What is happening here?

These mic-channels i used are at ADA8000 thru ADAT. I don't think this is issue here. Just to mention.

I'm running on OSX with TotalFX 0.962 thru USB. UFX hardware shows 1.44 when started up.

Any ideas, stupidy of me or software bug?

-J-

Re: UFX: dynamics software bug?

Is happening to anyone else?

I tested this: I shutdown UFX and restarted computer. Now it works. So it's bug somewhere, hardware or software.

4 (edited by jemaliahz 2012-01-15 16:24:12)

And it appeared again: I got these 2 channels ADAT5 and ADAT6. If I turn compressor off from ADAT5 then ADAT6 graphics are shutdown rightaway. If you enable it on ADAT5 again then ADAT6 graphics are also working. According to readings compressor on ADAT6 seems still to be working when ADAT5 is off but UI ain't working properly.

-J-

PS. Same happens to ADAT1 and ADAT2 also...
PS2. Video coming soon...

A known (and already fixed, relase soon) bug is that the gain reduction of an odd channel is not showing anything when the corresponding even channel is inactive. This is a display problem only, you should hear the compressor working. Does that match what you see? Then you don't need to make a video...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by jemaliahz 2012-01-15 17:04:51)

Well, I already did so here it is big_smile ..and yes, It's the same problem.

Btw. Do you have a list of known problems which we can check before we ask any stupid questions? I mean, I've could save like 2 hours of my valueble 'sunday' time big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWwRg4X9 … e=youtu.be

-J-

I have exactly the same problem.
My workaround has been turning the channel into stereo and then back to mono.

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

There is no list, sorry. This bug has been found just a few days ago while working on other updates of TM FX, otherwise the fix would be online already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias!

Do you have any ETA on the update?

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5