1 (edited by jellisimo 2012-01-15 15:51:31)

Topic: intermitting crackles and noise on FF400 (OSX 10.6.8 ableton)

Hi all, im a newby with RME, just bought a FF400 couple of weeks ago and now already experiencing some troubles.
I had with different tracks (NOT ALL) some crackles and noise for like every 15 sec, and they last 2-3 seconds. its on a single channel,
no matter if there is somehing loaded( like VST) or nothing. the CPU load is low, around 20-25. the CPU load doesn't change
when the cracks are heard.

I'm working on a Mac Pro 2x 2,66 Xeon with 5 gb internal mem. OSX 10.6.8 and ableton 8.2.6.
I've recorded a bit so you guys know what i'm talking about.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/T2dl … RCs1aWNUQw

The problems start around 22 sec's
The sound is produced in Minimoog in this case. But i've worked
longer with this VST without problems (on PC) and the cracks also appear on empty audio channel.

Changing buffer didn't do the trick...Samplerate = 44.1

What could be the possible cause?
Thanks in advance!

Re: intermitting crackles and noise on FF400 (OSX 10.6.8 ableton)

Before we search for a possible cause: Are you sure that you are not using a Demo version of that plugin that adds the noise deliberately (like all U-HE plugins do for example)?

ok, i feel like a moron and you are my hero!
It WAS actually a uh-e product that i forgot to register!

THANK YOU!!

Thank you for that sample. If this crackling is what the 'demo' version of the plug-in adds then I am completely pissed off by U-HE. How can someone with at least a little brain use a sound like that - which will cause lots of trouble in support and major time waste for all audio interface manufacturers out there? Unbelievable! rant

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I totally agree. It was really crackling from the demo version, i registered, and its gone now.