Topic: UFX and UCX together

I own a UFX> Please explain as simply as possible how to use them together if I buy a UCX. Will the included remote control both? I am very technically challenged and would appreciate somebody walking me through it.

Re: UFX and UCX together

The included BRC will work with both interfaces (early pre July 2011 UFX units don't need a hardware update like for the ARC), but can be connected only to one unit and can control one TotalMix at a time.

There are two possible modes of operation:

- The UCX can work as stand alone 8-channel ADAT converter and expands the UFX with 8 analog I/O. Up to 6 TotalMix routings, including effects, can be preconfigured, and changed in stand alone mode on the fly.

- Both can work with the same USB OR the same FireWire driver on the same system. In this case two seperate TotalMix applications appear on the system. Internal hardware routing between both units is not possible (e.g. UCX input 1 to UFX main out monitoring mix). This combination on two USB ports could work, but the use of several Firefaces on the same USB or FireWire bus is a problem and might cause problems, so it is not officially supported from RME. See the UFX FAQ.

best regards
Knut