Topic: Two or more Fireface UFX in Pro Tools 10

Is there anybody who knows how to make two or more Fireface UFX's working in Pro Tools 10 with all inputs possible? Using a Macbook Pro.

Re: Two or more Fireface UFX in Pro Tools 10

The procedure required in OSX is described here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1281
Before you do so, read the chapter on using more than one UFX in the manual, though - not officially recommended...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Did you upgrade to os x ?

If so you can create an aggregate device identify one as master the other as slave and connect them using word clock.

So. Your computer presents the two devices as one to protools and if it works you can set this as your default when you set your I/O in protools ?

Matt

Keep in mind Pro Tools native has a limitation of 32 input channels.

best regards
Knut

Admin Knut wrote:

Keep in mind Pro Tools native has a limitation of 32 input channels.

best regards
Knut

But with the Complete Music Toolkit it was not supposed to be able to have more inputs to record?

No. Only the first 32 I/O channels are available. CPT adds "voices", I assume this is for virtual instruments.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

My understanding is that you must use the core audio of the MacPro. This means a sample rate limit of 48 Khz-no 24/96 recording.  Good luck with PT 10! I have random stoppages with 22 tracks @ 24/96 (and no aggeration).