Topic: An innoceny question!

This is not a UFX complaint since I understand there's a lot of stuff inside there already. Pro Tools 9 (10 more so) is a buggy recording program (run on a late MacBook Pro) but your hardware/software is extremely stable and dependable.

I am very happy using two UFX (one as a slave for 6 extra converters an 4 mic preamps-the UFX is such a value that the other features are free).  I record a live 17 musician swing band, weekly so I would like to have more than the limit of 22 tracks of 24/96.

I cannot consider the expense of your MADI system (also because I would lose SATA E card HD interface important to cranky ProTools). Maybe there are others such as myself interested in live location recordings of 24 to 30 tracks at 24/96 with little or no need of low latency multichannel monitoring?

So would it be possible to add more tracks (less line outs more line ins to preserve the chassis jack space?) to make a more track count capable "UFXa"?  Certainly, for myself, I would be pleased with a "WFX": a 2 rack unit device that would have 28+ track capability (even without mic preamps) to sell for 1.7 to 1.8 times the cost of two UFX units.

Thank You!

Re: An innoceny question!

MADI or Firewire are your current best options for 30 plus track count at 96 kHz sampling rate. Please note that a single MADI system will deliver 64 track I/O at 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate or 32 track I/O at 88.2/96 kHz sampling rate.

best regards,
Blair Francey
Fireface 802/ARC USB; HDSP Multiface x 2; 2023 AMD Windows 10 Custom PC