Topic: Fireface UC serious problem

Hello!

I've owned a Fireface UC iterface for almost 2 years now. I've always been happy with it. It is currently the heart of my studio where I work.
The last 4 months I've been experiencing some trouble with it. Three times, the interface has just disappeared from the computer (MacBook Pro 15") and does not respond. 1 time this was fixed after several reboots and plugging in and out. But the 2nd time, I had to send it for repair, but in my fixing rage (customers standing and waiting for the card to start working in the middle of the mixing session) I managed to change the interface to PC mode, so I got a RTFM diagnose from the repair shop (Read The F'cking Manual) wchich never was the case. Now for the third time, the interface dissappeared, leaving me stranded 1 hour before a recording session with a band. I just went away to get some coffe and when I got back, the card was not responding any more. This issue it really a big deal, since you should be able to trust your equipment.

What can I do to fix this?

I have:
-rebooted computer
-switched everything on and off
-changed usb cable
-downloaded new drivers
-switched to pc mode and back to mac mode

This is not an acceptable problem.

Re: Fireface UC serious problem

Not a known issue, have you tried changing the external power pack (specs are in the manual, no special PSU required)?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes I Have! Good idea though

Any more ideas? some safemode I can boot the Fireface UC in?

The unit may simply be in need of repair, sorry.
Have you tested it with another computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

yes I have. Sent it in one time before for repair once before but the people said nothing was wrong and when I got it back it worked...

What do you think needs repairing? would be good to give some pointers to the repair shop!

I really couldn't tell, I'm afraid. If the unit is less than two years old, it is still under warranty. Which "repair shop" did you send it to? Did you give them exact details of the problem? Can the issue be reproduced on other computers?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME