Topic: Help..... hearing clicks and pops with babyface.

Whats up everyone, was hoping anyone can help m out. This is my first post to let you know and Ive been combing the forums looking for similar postings that relate to my problem but no solution has helped me out yet. I just bought a rme bayface and i was using a gap pre-73 going line in to record a few tracks and I'm getting a lot of clicks and pops in my recordings. I thought it was just a recording issue but this morning  I played a couple songs from my computer and Im now noticing clicks during playback from the left side of my headphones. By the way I was tried every buffer size and still no solution. My set up is as follow: 

Pro tools 10

Laptop: hp dv7  (4269wm model)

Software: Win 7 64 bit home premium

Processor: Intel i5 cpu    m 480 @  2.67 Ghz     with 4.00GB of Ram

I would really appreciate some quick feedback because I got a strict deadline and I need to finish a couple songs tonight. Thank You

Re: Help..... hearing clicks and pops with babyface.

Start here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1704

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Help..... hearing clicks and pops with babyface.

Thanks Jeff for the quick response. Ran the test and everythings ok on the laptop side. Im wondering if anyone else is having similar problems with a s similar setup like mine. I checked back with my session I recorded last night and realised when I was going mic in strait into the babyface pre's (which are amazing) I didn't get those clicks.  So I'm guessing its a problem with my line inputs. I've tried both left and right and like I stated before, I've tried every variable of buffer size but still no luck. Im just hoping I dont have to return this bundle of joy because its one BAD mofo.