Topic: RME HDSP9632 sound card outputting very low pitched audio.

My audio card is a RME HDSP9632 PCI.

Until very recently, I had no issues with this soundcard. Today I tried to playback an .mov file and the audio was a much lower pitch than it should be. The file has a rate of 48khz. Attempts to play other files, both audio and video of all types of format, in multiple resolutions including 96khz, and in multiple media players, resulted in the same phenomenon: a sometimes choppy, very low pitched output.
I have a dual boot system with Windows 7 and Windows XP (both 64 bit). This issue persists in both OS. Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver has no effect. Card already flashed to latest version but a reflash did no good.
I want to stress that this has never been a problem before. I have used the card with both of these OS without issue until today.

Anyone had an issue like this before, or heard of an issue like this?

Re: RME HDSP9632 sound card outputting very low pitched audio.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=232

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8899

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9411

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks - I will try popping it out and back in like the 3rd guy and hope that works.
If not where can I send it in the US?

Card is confirmed toast. Would be nice if I knew where to send it

In the US you should contact Synthax. Click the email link to the left to send me an email with your details.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you Jeff, email sent

Haha, just heard back from Synthax. "I can offer you a new card for $435.00 that will have a two year warranty or send your card back to the manufacturer and you are looking at $250+ if they can repair it." I don't care how long ago I bought this, your card has a known defect and I'm not footing the bill for it. I'll never buy another RME product. Oh yeah this was funny too "Would you like me to send your card back?  There
is a $35 bench charge that we paid to have it tested." Yeah lemme bend over for ya, I think I got enough room to fit $35 in.

Synthax could have mentioned some of this in any of the emails that I exchanged with them before sending out the card. They already had my serial #, they knew when the warranty ended on it.

The fact that individual other cards have had a similar failure does not constitute a "known defect" by any means... Sorry for the trouble, but hardware defects do occur at times, and when a device is out of warranty, repairs will be charged. In this case, you got a good offer for an upgrade with full warranty again. The decision is yours in the end.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Please allow me to quote from the service agreement you were sent when I issued the RMA.

Synthax Inc. provides factory authorized repair service for RME and “Nuendo” branded RME products. Warranty and non-warranty repairs are performed at our US tech facility.  Warranty is two years from date of original purchase with a receipt or two years from date of manufacture without a receipt. Warranty is void in cases of abuse or modi?cation/repairs by unauthorized technicians. Defective products shall be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Synthax Inc.

A bench testing fee of $35 will be assessed in cases where no hardware problem is found, or service is refused. An estimate for parts & labor costs for non-warranty service will be provided upon completion of inspection by a technician.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Cool. In addition to never buying another RME product, I will make sure to tell everyone who will listen to avoid your brand.

powpowmeow wrote:

Synthax could have mentioned some of this in any of the emails that I exchanged with them before sending out the card. They already had my serial #, they knew when the warranty ended on it.

Allow me to quote the fact that you did not mention that my card was out of warranty before I sent it off.

"Warranty is two years from date of original purchase with a receipt or two years from date of manufacture without a receipt."

A quick look at the receipt or simply remembering when you purchased the card would have helped determine the warranty status. With all due respect, it is not Synthax' job to do that for you.

Apart from that, I believe the offer from Synthax is still valid.

Sincerely
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME