Topic: Babyface :: Not Playing System Audio!!

Hi Guys!

So recently  (mid Jan) I purchased a RME Babyface. Here is my current studio setup.

**Studio Setup**

- Macbook Pro -

2.7Ghz Intel Core i7

8g RAM (DDR3)

120g Solid State HHD

- w/ Logic 9.0.0
- KRK 8" Studio Monitors

I was hoping you guys could help out with a bug occurring with my current setup.

So basically the  problem is I cannot route my system audio to play via studio monitors.

By system audio I mean things such as:

- Itunes

- VLC

- Internet Audio Streams

- etc.

I have updated the Babyface drivers via the link on the RME page.

Logic appears to detect the card without issue, and plays audio via my Monitors.

I have a friend who also purchased the same product recently (before Christmas).

We tried hooking his hardware up to my laptop, and had exactly the same issue, so it does not appear to be a RME hardware

problem.

I have checked the Total mix window, and I can see the output move UP AND DOWN  when I use the main Jog wheel.

I have tried selecting the RME BABYFACE from the audio window in System Preferences,
but double clicking it does nothing (although it does show up in the list).

As you can imagine, im pretty frustrated atm, so any support on this would be appreciated.....

I would like to avoid reinstalling the OSX if possible.

Re: Babyface :: Not Playing System Audio!!

Option + click the Speaker icon (Volume) in the menu bar at the top of your screen (next to the clock, etc). What is selected as the output device?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff,

Will update this post once I am in front of my laptop in a couple of hrs cool

So I did as you said, and Internal speakers is selected for 'Output'. Having said that, the Babyface is listed here, but when I click it, the little tick remains next to 'Internal Speakers'.

(The same applies for the 'Input device')

Which OS version do you use? Did you upgrade to this version? In place upgrade or fresh install of the OS?

You can try the normal OS X maintenance (PRAM & SMC reset, repair disk permissions), but a reinstall may be in your best interest.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

So I ran through the  'Software Updates...'  option on my Macbook (Apple Menu)
I also ran through each of the above fixes.

I checked am now currently running OS X Version 10.6.8.

Any updates I have done to the OS have been via the 'Software Updates...' option. (If thats what you mean by In place upgrade or fresh install of the OS)

You thinking I need to reinstall the OS?

The Doctor wrote:

So I did as you said, and Internal speakers is selected for 'Output'. Having said that, the Babyface is listed here, but when I click it, the little tick remains next to 'Internal Speakers'.
(The same applies for the 'Input device')

Just clicking on something won't do anything.. Either right-click it and select it or do the same with the small settings symbol on the  bottom left of the window (next to the + and -).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

its all good mate! i unplugged and replugged hardware....  issue resolved! thanks again guys- the os x maintenance stuff fixed it    smile