Topic: Asio driver not available in audio vst pannel in cubase (HDSP9652)

Hello eveyone!

first my specs: Win7 x64 + Cubase 5.5.3 + HDSP9652 latest firmware and latest driver

My problem is kind of curious:
       I install the latest driver (x64) from RME 's site, it completes ok, restart, eveything seems to work ok (card is recognized under Devices manager, Settings pannel and mixer work allright)
      But when I start Cubase there is no way to select HDSP asio driver! It is not there along with the generic drivers...
       I re-installed the driver completely and it worked! the asio driver is appearing now and can be selected as it should ( I can work on a heavy session without any performance problem, it works flawlessly even with a 128 buffer)
       But from time to time the driver disappears for no reason (I believe it's random) and I have to uninstall/ re install again to make it available... It so annoying and I wish I could find a way to make it allright permanently
Thanks in advance

Re: Asio driver not available in audio vst pannel in cubase (HDSP9652)

Strange.. I also use windows 7 64bit + the RME HDSP 9652, and have no problems at all. All I did when I bought the card was, to update the cards firmware and then install the driver. I use Cubase 6, and have no problems selecting the ASIO driver.

Have you checked RME's important installation notes here:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

SLL

RME Raydat, Asus Z370-A prime, i7 8700, Noctua D15s cooler, Corsair RM850x, Crucial 32GB DDR4 ram

Thank you SLL! Yes I have done it exactly this way..
sTILL NO LUCK;;
  but when I think about it I never had this problem before with older drivers, it seems to have appeared with version 3.27

Please check with other apps that ASIO really doesn't work. DIGICheck from RME, Reaper, etc...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME