Topic: 9632 / HDSPe AES Internal Sync

Hi!!

How can sync my old HDSP9632 (PCI) with my new HDSPe AES (PCIe) INTERNALLY???

The HDSPe AES has a three-pin connector for sync, but the 9632 has a two-pin connector....   ed:

(I just imagine that the new AIO has a three pin too (like the HDSPe AES).... but my 9632 is perfect for me and i have PCI and PCIe slots in my motherboard) -and my two cards together works fine!-

Thank you!

Re: 9632 / HDSPe AES Internal Sync

Not possible, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Michel Martinez 2012-02-07 21:27:59)

HeadScratch

Thanks Matthias...  It isn't good news, but... then i have a few questions:

Can the two cards work with different sample rates?  (and with two differentes softwares)
I can select different rates in each one, but if the driver is the same.. i have doubt.

If both of them need the same sample rate, then:
Can i use two different word-clock masters?  One for each rme??

Example:

Clock generator 1 (Mytek)               -> wordclock -> HDSPe AES     88.2 Khz - DAW1
Clock generator 2 (Cranesong HEDD)-> SPDIF -> 9632                   88.2 Khz - DAW2

and... If i can use this configuration, then ...  the third one:
Must i use the AES connector instead of SPDIF with the 9632??  (Data and sync will travel at 88.2khz through same cable) -but the distance is little..-

Thanks in advance!

Michel

When i say 'DAW1' i mean Software 1 : (Protools)
When i say 'DAW2' i mean Software 2:  (Wavelab)

Can't you sync the Mytek and the HEDD?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Can't you sync the Mytek and the HEDD?

Yes i can! you are right!

But in this setup, i think the best configuration would be to sync the 9632 with the mytek too  (and i don't have the 9632 word clock module neither free space in backside of the Workstation)

And althought the HEDD and the mytek would be synchronous, the digital output of the HEDD (with spdif synchro and data) has other synchro code that wordclock...

Then.. i don't know if 9632 with digital sync + HDSPe AES with wordclock sync would be accurate... (Even with the same master clock -mytek-)

What do you think about this?

Sure, can't see why this would not work. As long as there is one master clock and everything else gets a digital connection.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.