Topic: HDSPe RayDAT and DELL Optiplex 390

Hi there

I just purchase a new HDSPe RayDAT card rev.1.2. I use a DELL Optiplex 390 (http://www.dell.com/us/enterprise/p/optiplex-390/pd) computer with Win7 pro 64bit.

I installed the card in computers Expansion Slot "full height PCIe x1" and now the computer can not start in Windows7.

When I removed the card from computer everything is back to normal!

DEAR all please let me know what to do??

Kind regards
Mark

God is the music and I am a religious fanatic smile

Re: HDSPe RayDAT and DELL Optiplex 390

Not 100% sure what you mean, when you say "computer can not start"? Do you mean computer can not turn on, or computer can not boot into windows7, but turns on fine?

Anyway...
I would try the RayDat in another computer, if possible. Just to see if the same thing happens. And then I would make sure, that the Dell's motherboard BIOS is updated to the latest one.

SLL

RME Raydat, Asus Z370-A prime, i7 8700, Noctua D15s cooler, Corsair RM850x, Crucial 32GB DDR4 ram

Hi

Computer simply hangs in boot up sequence. At startup of Win7 OS appeared blue screen "hardware error"

Symptoms are like in this post http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2741

I tried to reinstall this RayDAT card in other computer also a DELL with different chipset and Win XP OS 32bit. And everything runs OK... Drivers are also OK.

But there is a little problem called "Recording SW" that is placed on DELL Optiplex 390. Plan for today is that I will try to change HDD in from Optiplex 390 to this other DELL computer that RME HDSPe RayDAT is working OK. 

I hope that this will solve my problems...

Regards,
Mark

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13617

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

As it were, we have actually tested an Optiplex 390 hands-on, as a wholesale customer had inexplicable issues with it and eventually sent it to us for testing. It displayed all kinds of issues of various degrees even with different units of the same PCIe card (HDSPe AES here). Some would work so-so,some not at all. Even special hardware developer boards had issues. There seemed to be issues with phyical layer PCIe communication that we could not solve or work around.

Therefore, this system seems to just be incompatible.

Sometimes, similar problems on other systems can be solved by disabling all PCIe related power saving options, but these either seem to be unavailable here or did not help either.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Dear Mr. Daniel

Thanks on your replay regarding my problem with RME card.

The problem with the card is now solved. I replaced the computer with the Dell Vostro 430.
Now everything is working normally, as it should from the very beginning.

Regarding RME HDSPe RayDAT:
System requirements are something that should be better described with their products. As you can see there is not enough to write only that it can work with Win or OS X operating systems. It would be better to supplement its system requirements so that customers know what hardware to buy in addition to RME products.

Regards,
Mark

There are myriads of PC hardware/BIOS configurations out there. It's not possible to check them all. Every PC that works properly should be compatible, every PC that is not compatible does not work properly. PC manufacturers often don't hold on to specs and standards in order to save money.

And even those standards leave a _lot_ of room for interpretation and tolerances. For example, the ATX standard defines +-5% deviation as within specs for voltages of power-supplies and likely power-lanes of mainboards. Give +5% here, take -5% there and you already get 10% deviation from something that drives your whole system.