Topic: Does Fireface 800 with TCO-FF Option work with Cubase 6 on Mac?

Will Fireface 800 with the TCO-FF option synchronize the video sample rate and timecode (TC) of Cubase 6 in A Mac (OS X) to the video sample rate and timecode (TC) of an video camera generating the TC?

Should the Sync Source on the TCO be set to Video or to LTC for this application?

Does the Fireface 800/TCO synchronize both the external video sample rate and LTC or just LTC to Cubase 6 on the Mac?

Re: Does Fireface 800 with TCO-FF Option work with Cubase 6 on Mac?

There is no ASIO, and hence no ASIO Positioning Protocol in OSX. Only MTC is available.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Dear Mr. Fuchs,

How does "Only MTC is available" answer my questions?  Please explain and answer my specific questions as well as you can.

Does Fireface 800 with TCO-FF Option work with Cubase 6 on Mac?  What are the limitations, if any?

Will Fireface 800 with the TCO-FF option synchronize the video sample rate and timecode (TC) of Cubase 6 in A Mac (OS X) to the video sample rate and timecode (TC) of an video camera generating the TC?

Should the Sync Source on the TCO be set to Video or to LTC for this application?

Does the Fireface 800/TCO synchronize both the external video sample rate and LTC or just LTC to Cubase 6 on the Mac?

Thank you for your help.

The main limitation, as I already pointed out, is that sample accurate positioning requires ASIO Positioning Protocol, which obviously is not available under Mac OS. The TCO only works with MTC here, which has limited resoulution.

The TCO can not sync anything "to Cubase", it can only help Cubase sync to incoming MTC.

The video input resolves only the included wordclock, not any position (TC).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME