Topic: Fireface 800 suddenly not recognized by MAC, soft clicking sound

Hi!

Sometime today my Fireface decided to stop working. The MAC doesn't recognize it in Audio/Midi Setup (It thinks SOMETHING is there,and says it's an aggregate device in addition to the existing aggregate device on the list) But it can't be found in the Mac System Profile under FIrewire nor in Logic.

I can't open the Fireface Settings or the Fireface Mixer software (both were running fine earlier today).

The unit itself has a dim green light over each channel. That's the only light on on the unit.  If you stand real close to it, There's a soft rhythmic ticking sound, like a fast clock.

I've disconnected and reconnected the Firewire 800 cable. Turned the hardware off & on several times, but nothing changes.

I have a call and an email in to support but I probably won't hear back before Monday.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks!  Any feedback appreciated.

Matthew

System Info

Mac PPC G5 1.6Ghz
OS 10.4.11

System has been running fine for many years. Fireface did blowout a Power SUpply once but was repaired by authorized repair technician.

Re: Fireface 800 suddenly not recognized by MAC, soft clicking sound

I've run into the same issue.
A few things that have worked for me in the past are:

Reset the PRAM/NVRAM  here's tge link that'll walk you through tgat. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Fully uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Reset the SMC on the fireface. Pull the power chord wait a few seconds the plug it in again.

Repair disk permissions

Try these options hopefully one of them will work for you