Topic: Asio4All+laptop headphon jack playbacks better than rme headphone out!

My rme babyface records perfect and beutiful thry akg c414. Im plugging in to phones arm of the octopus cable with my normal akg headphones. using cubase. after recording something the playback quality is really lacking in detail and volume n energy.

then to listen to the actual thing i have to switch to Asio4All, plug the headphone into my laptop jack and listen, only then do i get an easily double quallity and all the details and style of what i just recorded.

any idea on why the playback is bad when using  'fireface usb' as the driver and rme's headphone jacks?

Re: Asio4All+laptop headphon jack playbacks better than rme headphone out!

anyone? please help. cant mix properly as final sound without babyface is totally different sad

3 (edited by 19 frets 2012-02-19 18:50:43)

Two things come to mind.  A bad RME cable or an impedence mismatch between the RME and your headphones.  Try another set of headphones with a different impedence from the AKGs.  Perhaps something more efficient to see if it raises the volume and quality.  Certainly the RME quality should be much greater than the headphone output from a laptop.

What about the Phones jack on the side of the unit? Have you adjusted the volume for Phones out (AN 3/4) in TotalMix?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

5 (edited by songwaters 2012-03-01 04:51:04)

Hi im really sorry i wasnt able to reply earlier.
When i play back mp3s normally on windows its very good quality, not sure if better than pc, might be, or might be psycological:P so certainly its not a bad cable.

Jeff, Will get back on the volume fader.

Thanks for your time..