1 (edited by dorremifasol 2012-03-02 23:39:15)

Topic: Nasty sound using Fireface 800 with system sounds

Greetings,

I know, I shouldn't use my Fireface to reproduce windows 7 (64 bit) sounds, but for me there is no other way. I can't afford to have an external mixer or using a pair of analog inputs of my Fireface to be able to listen all the other sounds in Windows. Usually it works well but I notice that when changing presets of some plugins a very high and nasty sound is heard. In the worst case, when Cubase or any other ASIO app crashes, it leaves that nasty sound sounding forever until another app reopens ASIO. It sounds so high that more than once I thought it would destroy my headphones or even my ears. If only sounded much lower it would be no problem for me. Sounds like small cyclic buffer full of clipped garbage.

Does anyone have this kind of problem? is there any way to avoid it? I tried disabling all inputs on windows, and leaving only one output (usually headphones, 9&10, or SPDIF), but seems that there is no way to avoid the problem except not using the interface for system sounds.

I thought I read somewhere that a past update fixed that kind of problem, but I searched for it and I didn't found anything.

I have the drivers 3.067 with the latest firmware too.

Cheers,
Alberto