Topic: BabyFace Analog Adat Recording at the same time?

Just got my Babyface. I'm new to this and was wondering if I can record a vocal track through the mic input on Babyface and at the same time be recording tracks coming through the Adat light pipe from another source. Thank you.HeadScratch

Re: BabyFace Analog Adat Recording at the same time?

Yes, sure...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you, Daniel, I'll look through the manual and try to figure it out.

It's more a matter of your audio software than of the BF itself...
No specific settings or configurations required on the BF (except correct clock sync).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by JarrettPaul 2012-02-23 09:42:43)

Thank you, Daniel. I think its gonna take a little reading and fiddling to figure it all out. I've only had experience with a Presonus Firpod which was basically the signal going straight to the DAW. The BF mixer is a little overwhelming for at the moment. Anyway, I'm thinking that if I record vocals through the BF  and I need to record other tracks at the same time, that I'll just run the other microphones through the Firpod and out into my old Adat recorder. Then I could go out of the Adat through the light pipe and into the BF. So when you say (correct clock sync) I think you mean  selecting Babyface USB as the audio interface choice on my DAW? I think I have some catching up to do.

For recording straight to the DAW, you can simply ignore the mixer... It's not even in the signal path between the input and the application (unless you want it to be, to record EQ/Dynamics on the inputs). But you don't need to do any routing or so. Just select the desired input channels and record.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you Daniel, I figured out how to use it with just my Daw and I am now fiddling with RME mixer. How do assign Adat optical in and use the microphone inputs at the same time?

Got that figured out. Too bad there wasn't some videos on how to use this unit. I have a difficult time with manuals. I'd pay for that type of service.

So I figured out how to get the Adat optical working and it records on my Daw (Samplitude ProX) My problem now is I don't know how to seperate my microphone input to the BF from the signal coming through the optical. They both record on the same track and I don't know how to route them to seperate tracks on my DAW. Please help.
Thank you.

If that is happening, you are doing something wrong... Samplitude will record straight from the input channels, into separate channels (mono or stereo pairs). There is no way input signals going straight to the application will be mixed or recorded to the same track.

Are you recording the signal after mixing it in Totalmix somehow?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you Daniel, I thought I had to use Total Fx to use the ADAT. Ill give it a try without.

Hi Daniel, I took back the BF and got a UC. On set  up what is the DMC and should I set that up.
Thank you.

I do wonder why people keep trying to use the DMC control with other interfaces, you're not the first one there... HeadScratch
This software is only for the DMC-842 digital mic preamp.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you for explaining it. I didn't see it in the manual and wasn't sure what is was. So far I very much like the UC.